New life...new blog

I started my original blog back in 2011 and it has been abandoned for the last two years! That's what having a baby will do.  But recently someone suggested I do a blog about all the places I have found, especially this summer, to entertain Oliver (my 2 year old) as I have been suggesting places to various people.  One of my friends said I was like a toddler trip advisor!  I have spent many hours of my life the past few years overthinking about where the hell can we go to get out of the house that's not walking to Aldi or walking around the same park everyday.  My son is very active and needs to be entertained, days in a row of being at home is like torture for both of us, so I have learnt that plans need to be made to keep us sane.  I work at a school and when the summer holidays began, part of me felt a bit of anxiety as to how I was going to fill this time with my little one without going crazy.  But I can honestly say I have thoroughly enjoyed this summer due to keeping busy and finding some awesome places to go.  I feel very lucky that I have so much time to spend with him and I definitely don't want to be spending all that time cooped up indoors watching episodes of Andy's Prehistoric Adventures.  Maybe my suggestions might inspire someone to go and try somewhere new or just give someone an idea when they can't think of anything to do.  You don't have to have kids to go to these places of course (well except the soft plays...no one wants to do that with kids really either ha).

I looked at my old blog and thought, a lot has changed since I wrote on it. In fact my whole life has changed.  I have a child, I have a different job, I even have a different name, I have a different life.  So perhaps it was time to start a fresh new blog.  I like blogging because I enjoy writing, and hopefully other people will get something from reading it to.     

I still 'run' a book club, I say run...I don't really do much other than create an event each month, but although our numbers have dwindled somewhat it is still important to me as it keeps me motivated to read, plus its a good excuse to meet up with my friends on a regular basis.  I have been meaning to collate a list of everything we have read since we started (which I am doing now) so I will post that on here once I've finished. 

So, I guess I'll just get started on some little gems that's I've found locally and tell anyone that wants to listen a bit about them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peter Rabbit Woods - Limpsfield Common

Diggerland - Kent

Bocketts Farm Park - Leatherhead