Oxygen Trampolining - Croydon

Oxygen
The Colonades
Purley Way
CR0 4RQ
 
no credit for the photo and no its not me
 

I had thought about taking Oliver here ages ago but I'd been putting it off because in my head he would get on a trampoline for 5 minutes, get off and want to leave.  But my friend had taken her 2 year old and said I had to give it a try, so we did and its fantastic!

The first time we went Oliver was unsure to some extent because he'd never trampolined before but there is a lot to do there including the familiarity of some soft play, so at the very least they end up in there if they get bored of jumping.  But I was surprised, he jiggled from one trampoline to another for about half an hour and I got to bounce a fair amount too. He avoided the large foam pit and other areas the first time as it was a bit overwhelming.  But when we got home he was excited about it and saying that he'd been bouncing like Tigger.  So we went again the following week and his confidence was already so much better.  He started to bounce properly and wasn't drawn to the soft play much at all.  I got to full on bounce for most of the hour so I got a proper work out! He also went in the foam pit and walked across the balance beam, I was so proud and really enjoyed it. 

We've since been several more times and I find I enjoy it as much as he does.  He loves the fact he has special bouncing socks to wear.  Before you go in there is a little room to wait in with a video to watch about safety, he now knows this happens before we go in and gets really excited when the doors open.  As well as a floor full of trampolines of varying size, there is the foam pit, with balance beam, rings and apparatus.  There is also a giant airbag you can jump into (not been brave enough to try it myself yet) I'm not sure how you get out of it afterwards.  Also ramped trampolines that go up the wall and an area where you can throw balls into hoops etc.  

Its expensive for what it is I suppose at £6 each for an hour.  I have only taken him to the 'Little O Toddler' sessions for under 5s.  The socks are £2 a pair but you get to keep them (and you have to wear them), they are actually good for wearing to normal soft play elsewhere as well because they have amazing grips on them.  You can book online (which I'd recommend for the toddler sessions in case they get fully booked), and you get given a wristband to wear to say you've paid.  Lockers are free and work by code, you can't take anything in there not even your phone which is good really as you would just end up losing or breaking it.  Unless you have access to a trampoline at home I reckon it is worth the money.  Such great exercise for all involved and its so much fun, who doesn't enjoy jumping around like a big kid?!

A note for the ladies out there...wear a sports bra and I've got to say it, if you've had a baby be prepared that your bladder may not be kind to you - just be prepared is all I'm going to say.

The café is terrible just avoid if at all possible, the first time I was unprepared for how hungry Oliver would be straight after and I queued for a ridiculously long time to buy a drink and a snack.  They don't sell anything appropriate for kids.  Bring a snack and a drink with you and go somewhere else or home for lunch! Sometimes we go to MacDonald's next door for a treat after.  The café does overlook the whole place so people can come and watch which is a nice idea, I saw some grandparent's there watching which was sweet. 

If you are apprehensive just give it a go once and see.  Maybe its not for you, but it could just be you find a little gem of entertainment and fitness for a cold rainy day!

https://oxygenfreejumping.co.uk/locations/croydon/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peter Rabbit Woods - Limpsfield Common

Diggerland - Kent

Bocketts Farm Park - Leatherhead