Hobbledown Adventure Farm - Epsom

Hobbledown Adventure Farm
Horton Lane
Horton
KT19 8PT


I've been to Hobbledown twice now, the first time Oliver was only tiny and not yet walking so it was mainly just to see the animals.  They have a good variety of animals such as rabbits, guinea pigs, goats, llamas, birds, sheep, chickens etc.  The second time, I went back was a few weeks ago and it was fantastic for Oliver's age!



There is so much to do outside, lots of play areas, including a huge one for much older kids.  Oliver's favourite thing was the giant jumping pillows, that kept him entertained for ages with his friend bouncing about.  There are several slides (one quite high large wide one) lots of tunnels and play areas to explore with sand.  We found a little quiet area with a pretend shop, which they also loved! Lots of outdoor space to run around and of course the animals to see as well!




 


At lunchtime we headed to the main building where the café was, as we had food for the kids but not for ourselves. This was a mistake! As soon as the door opened to the café an enormous indoor soft play was revealed and the kids went crazy.  We struggled to get them to eat their lunch and ours was very rushed as they were not planning on waiting for us to queue and get our food.  The soft play itself I have to say looks amazing and I understand why the kids were so excited BUT it was my worst nightmare.  Once inside it, even though I went in with him, I felt like I couldn't get to him and at times I couldn't see him at all which made me feel really panicked.  There is a younger area for under 3 years but he's at that age where the younger bit is not enough stimulation for him but he's not really old enough to join the menagerie of older kids without me having a nervous breakdown.  I just cant relax in those places, I'm clearly not someone who can wander off and have a cup of tea while I have no idea what my child is doing or where he is.  He also is such a hot and sweaty child he looks like he's had a bath in his clothes.  So I really didn't enjoy it, in fact I couldn't wait to go back outside, but trying to get your 2 year old to leave soft play is like wrestling an octopus.  Once back outside...everyone calmed down and we resumed pretty much instantly playing outside in the quiet without the stress and noise of indoors!  This is of course my own anxiety - it is in fact a fabulous soft play especially for older kids, just not for me clearly!

I would definitely go back there for all the animals and outdoor activities that have to offer but I'd bring a packed lunch for us all and avoid the temptation of the soft play. They have heaters in the outside seated area so you can still sit out whatever the weather.

The price is pretty reasonable considering what's there, at the moment its £6.50 for an adult and £8.50 for a child over 2 years.  Its slightly cheaper if you book online but literally pennies cheaper.  I think this is a winter price so I expect in peak times in the spring and summer the prices will go up.  It did look like there were some huts and areas which were closed, so I think when its warmer there are more activities to do.  The ground was pretty muddy being winter but still flat enough to take a buggy around if you had little ones that needed it and there is a large free car park.

Overall its a great place, pretty local really and a good price for a different change of scenery, so I'd recommend it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peter Rabbit Woods - Limpsfield Common

Diggerland - Kent

Bocketts Farm Park - Leatherhead