Carshalton Ponds & Park

Carshalton Ponds & Park

I never realised how close this was to me or actually what was there before.  Id driven past the pond but hadn't thought of it as a place to visit.  We explored it properly yesterday for the first time and it was a great little morning out, being only 15 minutes drive from me in Coulsdon.  

We took bread and fed the ducks (controversial I know) and monkey nuts for the squirrels. For such a  small wooded area there are loads of squirrels ready to take them straight from you, which Oliver loves now he is brave enough!  



 



We had a wander by the pond and then headed to the large playground.  It had so much variety of apparatus and it is perfect for Oliver's age (approaching 4).  Including plenty of swings, several climbing frames with different slides, a small zip wire, things to spin on, wobble about, a climbing wall and a sand pit.

  
 

 


I found some toilets close by, near the cafe (although take tissues as no loo roll) and I spotted a mini golf which was closed, presumably this will reopen in spring.  There is a car park opposite the Co-op on the high street, which if you park at the very back of the car park, the path takes you straight to the pond.  Payable by cash or Ringo on your mobile it was £2.90 for 3 hours, which I didn't think was too bad at all.  You may be able to park free on residential roads nearby but the car park was a stress free option for me so I didn't actually look.

I would definitely say this spot is worth a visit especially if you are fairly local and want a change of scenery.  I like to try different playgrounds and parks as I get bored with the same ones over and over.  It is a nice walk with benches all around, a good place for a quiet lunch and a bit of peace (if you don't have kids that is).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peter Rabbit Woods - Limpsfield Common

Diggerland - Kent

Bocketts Farm Park - Leatherhead